Re: Online or Distance Learning Tech Writing Courses

Subject: Re: Online or Distance Learning Tech Writing Courses
From: giesfamily -at- cox-internet -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 9:38:17

When www.lifelonglearning.com updates its course lists, it will be a better
resource for finding online and distance-learning opportunities, but for
now you can go to
http://www.ecollege.com/student/Search_search_course.html. Select ?All
Disciplines,? ?All Institutions,? and ?All Locations? for the appropriate
drop-down menus. Type in a keyword for the courses that you seek and click
?Go.?

When I used ?technical writing? for a keyword, I got a list including
technical writing courses from the University of Wyoming, the University of
Pennsylvania, and the University of Dallas. It appears as though eCollege
only lists courses offered by its partners. I know that Utah State
University,* Texas Tech University,** and Rensselear Polytechnic
Institute*** all offer complete online degree programs in technical
writing/communications. It is probably possible just to take the courses
you want from any of these schools without applying for admission to a
degree program.

For more information about online and distance learning, go to
www.degreeinfo.com

Tracy<><

*http://techcomm.usu.edu/techcomm/index.htm
**http://english.ttu.edu/tc/DL/