Re: marketing rates for articles

Subject: Re: marketing rates for articles
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:39:03 -0700

Serendipity strikes again!

Last night, I wrote a reply about rates for articles in which I mentioned the importance of getting to know an editor.

Today, I learned that one of the editors with whom I work passed my name along to someone looking for a marketing and technical writer.The e-mails are still flying back and forth, but things look promising - and this is the second time that an editor has suggested me for a gig.

So, developing a relation with an editor isn't just good for your article rates. Like any networking, it can pay off in other, often unexpected ways, too.

"Around he spins and around he spins
darkness is his whole domain -
truth, kiss, promise, dare -
aren't you tired of party games?"