RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:31:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
> RIGHT! Have we given enough time for the slow technical writers to respond
> by now? ;-)

> when I work I can do the writing fast or slow....if fast the project are
> warned to expect to require a better hefty review, if slow greater accuracy
> and even "better" writing and comprehension.

There is slow that is careful, and then there is slow that is just...slow. I
honestly don't know if fast produces more errors or not, or even if
customers/clients/users care how fast or slow the documentation is developed. I
mean, they do care about there not being errors, but a lot of the time, the big
issue is having something, almost anything, when the product ships or is
released or whatever the deadline is.

For years now, I've had a policy of giving them whatever I have on the due
date. If that means I have to continue working, and give them an update a week
later, so be it. But on the due date, they get what I've got, warts and all.
(We'll fix that in the next release. Anybody ever heard that?)

Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - Last Updated 06/16/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

Do You Yahoo!?

Go to

RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers: From: Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)