RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Re(2): Slow Tech Writers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:31:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
wrote:

> RIGHT! Have we given enough time for the slow technical writers to respond
> by now? ;-)

Um...I...uh...think...I...understand...the...issue...about...slow...writers.
I...have...been...working...on...a...response...for...several...days...now...but...I...keep...getting...timeout...errors.
I...don't...understand...it.
:-)

> when I work I can do the writing fast or slow....if fast the project are
> warned to expect to require a better hefty review, if slow greater accuracy
> and even "better" writing and comprehension.

There is slow that is careful, and then there is slow that is just...slow. I
honestly don't know if fast produces more errors or not, or even if
customers/clients/users care how fast or slow the documentation is developed. I
mean, they do care about there not being errors, but a lot of the time, the big
issue is having something, almost anything, when the product ships or is
released or whatever the deadline is.

For years now, I've had a policy of giving them whatever I have on the due
date. If that means I have to continue working, and give them an update a week
later, so be it. But on the due date, they get what I've got, warts and all.
(We'll fix that in the next release. Anybody ever heard that?)

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 06/16/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are mine...at least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l