Re: Further education required?

Subject: Re: Further education required?
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:56:18 -0800

Various people have written on the merits and
challenges of getting additional education.

In some fields the material is changing so
fast that the education system lags considerably.
A degree shows that you are trainable, and
that may be one of the most important assets
you show an employer.

Shortly after obtaining real world employment
experience, any degree becomes little more
than evidence that you are trainable. The real
world provides much more.

Changing from being a CPA to programming is
enough of a change it merits another degree.
My SO is doing this at the moment, hoping
that by the time she finishes, the job market
will open up a bit. It is something that she
enjoys; and that, too, is important.

CB
--
Surfy! http://www.surfy.com Great web search, free web email, and $9.95 unlimited Internet access