RE: Re(4): Slow Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Re(4): Slow Tech Writers
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:56:31 +0100

Actually, it boils down to this:

Can the writer create acceptable documentation within the deadline?

A writer who works too slowly to reach the deadline, or who works too
quickly to produce acceptable documentation, are neither of them technical
writers to an acceptable standard.

Deadlines matter. Quality matters. Judgement matters. It's not "slow" or
"fast": it's can you meet the deadline, can you produce documentation of an
acceptable quality, and do you have the judgement to know what matters most
for each section of the documentation at each point in the project?

Jane Carnall
"They are prisoners of their own dreams and illusions, as we were 30 years
ago. If the issue is between our and their illusions, we will never resolve
the conflict."
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone. Apologies
for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith my
control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l