Re: Converting documents--print to online

Subject: Re: Converting documents--print to online
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:25:45 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings!

Adobe does not do a particularly good job in marketing
all their products.

You can go through some of the "solution provider
partners" or whatever they call it for a product
called Acrobat Server (or so-called the last I
looked).

This is a server-based program that feeds an Acrobat
file a screen at a time, viewable in a standard
browser.

The great advantage is that you don't have to download
the entire .pdf if you don't need or want it all. You
can simply view those parts you wish, a screen at a
time. Fast and convenient, it seems.

Of course, the workflow advantage is tremendous, since
you don't have to use any of the rather flaky methods
of creating HTML from Word! You simply create one
destination for each file...pdf. Additionally, you
don't have a problem with older Acrobat docs.

If I remember rightly, the cost is something like
$1695.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l