RE: seating arrangements

Subject: RE: seating arrangements
From: "Lorraine Kiewiet" <Lorraine -dot- Kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:30:10 -0700

i am sitting here reading this thread with an open file folder in my
left hand, holding it over my left shoulder because I sit directly under
a SKYLIGHT! between 10:30 and 12:30 it is unbearable. I usually try to
schedule a meeting, go hang with the developers, read in the lunchroom,
or take an early lunch. i just returned from a meeting and decided to
read a little techwr-l before going out.

oh, and did I mention that this cube is the secretarial pool? so the
conversations I hear all day have to do with lunch and golf and airline
reservations.

oh, and did i also nention that the man who was hired on the very same
day as i has a private office? but then, he does not have a master's
degree like i do, and he has less experience in computer software by
about 10 years, so i guess he needs an office so that he can
concentrate.

grumble. beats unemployment. i do receive a pre-tax parking/gas
allowance, which i use for bus fare and lunch.

but on the other hand, at citysearch we had DOORS FOR DESKS. you got two
file cabinets with a door blank balanced on top. we were lined up end to
end 5 across. there was a small divider, over which you could see and
hear the next row of people facing you. the executives got 2 doors, so
that they could configure a little L shape. behind me were two long
rows of file cabinets, so that kept out the noise of the 100 or so
people beyond me. but sometimes they would organize little games in
between the file cabinets, like the time near thanksgiving when they
had bowling with a frozen turkey breast. that was then i knew it was
time to leave...............

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l