Re: Side-heads in Word? Solution

Subject: Re: Side-heads in Word? Solution
From: "Martin Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:52:39 +0100

Sue
I too faced this problem. The solution was to define a paragraph style with
a frame that put the text in the margin.

This is what the frame part of one of my Word styles looks like:

"Position:
Lock anchor

Horizontal: Left
Relative to: Page
Vertical: 0 cm
Relative to: Paragraph
Distance From Text:

Horizontal: 0.3 cm
Vertical: 0.3 cm
Size:
Width: Exactly 4.5 cm
Wrapping:
Wrap Around "

I'm afraid you have to tinker to get it the way you want it.

<sue_helton -at- bankone -dot- com> wrote in message news:161221 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> I have a question for writers who are familiar with both Adobe FrameMaker
> and Microsoft Word.
>
> My current documentation template is in Frame. I use Frame's side-head
> feature to place captions in the left margin (information mapping style).
> I need to create a similar template in MS Word. Previously, I have had to
> use invisible tables in order to imitate the look I am able to do in
Frame.
> I don't want to use tables this time around. It created a lot of
headaches
> that I want to avoid. So I'm hoping that Word 2000 has a side-head
> feature.
>
> Does anyone know the answer to that? Or perhaps you have some ideas?
>
> I can e-mail you a copy of my document in Frame if a visual would help!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sue Helton
> Bank One
> 602-298-3151
>

> This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l