Re: FWD: Looking for advice -- up to the job?

Subject: Re: FWD: Looking for advice -- up to the job?
From: "Martin Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:32:58 +0100

Doc suggested Anon should
> 3. Read some good books on thinking. I recommend:
> * Daniel Dennett - Conciousness Explained
> * Terrence Deacon - The Symbolic Species
> * Henry Petrosky - To Engineer is Human
> * Temple Grandin - Thinking in Pictures

So, may I humbly suggest that Anon also read some good general strategy
books.

It could be that Anon's only real professional deficiency may well be
cynicism about other people's motives.

Not all feedback is accurate or honest. It's not always about you or how
good you are, sometimes it's about other people stepping on your head for
their own reasons - e.g. they too are struggling, faking, and bluffing and
need a scapegoat, or to make a 3rd party look bad, or because they're just
plain lazy.

The best book I've found to date is "The 48 Laws of Power", a distillation
of Machiavelli, Sun Tzu etc as applied to the modern world. (See
http://www.iwan.com/elffers/low/start/index2.html for further details.) You
don't have to use them, but it helps to know what other peopler may be
trying to do to you.

Have a good weekend

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l