Re: FWD: Looking for advice -- up to the job?

Subject: Re: FWD: Looking for advice -- up to the job?
From: Doc <dlettvin -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:07:47 -0400

Martin makes a good point. I'm not a big fan of self-help books, but a
short one that's better than most is:
Ben Franklin's 12 Rules of Management by Blaine McCormick

I do believe that it is important to understand your environment, so
I'd also like to recommend:
Managing Software Maniacs by Ken Whitaker
Software Project Survival Guide by Steve McConnell

and a little bit of self-marketing always helps:
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/10/brandyou.html

-Doc
David W Lettvin
VerText
South Hamilton, MA
978-468-1105
"Watermelon -- it's a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your
face." -- Enrico Caruso

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l