RE: Looking for advice -- up to the job?

Subject: RE: Looking for advice -- up to the job?
From: Daniel -dot- Glovier -at- ubsw -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:45:32 -0400

As many have stated, finding out what you like to do is not just half the battle, it is THE battle. Anon, do yourself a favor and put together a list of the top ten things you like about your job. Look at it very objectively. You may be surprised at what you put down.

As an example, I conducted this exercise with a friend of mine (a fellow tech writer who was having some set backs in the field at the time), and after he completed his list, we found out something very interesting. The actual process of writing didn't hit the list until number 8. This helped him with some very difficult decisions. He is no longer in the world of tech writing, and is pursuing other, more personally fulfilling, options.

-Dan Glovier

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
related financial instruments.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l