RE: Author Credit

Subject: RE: Author Credit
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:38:39 -0400

"Susan Jelus" <susan -dot- jelus -at- daytonrcs -dot- com> wrote:

>I've been asked to add this information to our html help as well. I'm not
>sure exactly how I'll do that, since it doesn't really have front matter.
>Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Do you have a footer on each page of html help that includes, say, a copyright line? If so, make that line a link to a page where you spell out or link to the full copyright notice, trademark notices, acknowledgments (US spelling, no e after the g), version information, feedback form, etc. If a blue text link is too obtrusive, make it a small font and set the style to text-decoration:none, color:lightgray. That makes it more or less an Easter egg, but anyone who needs to find it will be able to.