RE: Words that should never be uttered or documented...

Subject: RE: Words that should never be uttered or documented...
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:25:04 -0400

"Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com> wrote:

>Maybe last night was the night for such phrases. Someone said to me (while
>complaining about different doc standards by different groups in their
>company):
>
> The problem is that they've silo-ed the information.

Well, if you were a smartass like me, you'd have said, "the word is ensiled." When you put stuff into a silo, you ensile it. The contents of a silo is called either silage (long i) or ensilage (stress on first syllable, short i), depending on the speaker (they mean the same thing).

That should bring the conversation to a screeching halt <g>

Dick

--
You can tell Miss Welty to take her hot peppers and stuff 'em. Cream cheese works.