RE: Words that should never be uttered or documented...

Subject: RE: Words that should never be uttered or documented...
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:15:42 -0400

"Silos" has been used to refer to information that is stored in separate
places that are hard to get to and require each piece of information to be
separately gathered. It is based on grain silos. Think if you had wheat in
three separate silos - getting some from all three places would require
three different processes. Contrast this to a system where information is
accessible regardless of its location - one access can get all three pieces
of data.

John

Currently living through the desiloization of data in an application ...