FW: Fainting goats ate my PDF

Subject: FW: Fainting goats ate my PDF
From: John Root <jroot -at- publisys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:45:34 -0700

------ Forwarded Message
From: John Root <jroot -at- publisys -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:33:12 -0700
To: <kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com>
Subject: Re: Fainting goats ate my PDF

Keith,

I checked out your PDF. You're right, it doesn't print.

It was choking on the 'e' of Visual Cafe at the bottom of page 1. I suspect
this was supposed to be a grave e, as in é, but most likely the embedded
font subset did not include an outline for this glyph.

Attached is your original PDF with a minor edit made to change the é to a
regular e. I think you'll find it prints fine now. You can probably use this
file as is or go back to your designer and have them correct the original.

Curiously, the PDF displays with a regular old 'e' there anyway, but the
code calls for character 216 which is almost certainly 'é'.

Hope this helps.

ciao,
John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Root
Publishing Systems
jroot -at- publisys -dot- com
---------
Custom Solutions for
Content Development, Management & Delivery
http://www.publisys.com

------ End of Forwarded Message