MS Word Graphics Issue

Subject: MS Word Graphics Issue
From: "Cheri Kelln-Smith" <ckelln -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:18:10 -0500

Hello all,

I have a major problem. For many crazy reasons, I had to convert an XML file from Epic into Word. I have never had to mess with graphics in Word. Everything was fine until we cleaned up/moved around folders and files at the end of the project. I had thought the graphics were embedded, but they were not. None of the graphics are appearing now. There are spaceholders there were every graphic should be.

The boss of the project wants all of the graphics embedded since this file is going to be moved around a lot and added to by several people. I know, this whole process makes me cringe. But, I am off to a new position soon and they are in a hurry (and want things done the way they want them).

Is there any easy way to automatically embed the files if I have them all in one place? Is there anyway to see what link the placeholder is looking to? I have 100s of graphics in these files, so I really hope I don't have re-insert all of these graphics.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Cheri

Cheri Kelln-Smith
SQA Technical Writer
Fleming Companies, Inc.
ckelln -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com
405.841.5236