RE: Voice Recognition Software...

Subject: RE: Voice Recognition Software...
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:42:25 -0600

Justin-

I just got a miniature digital voice recorder made by Panasonic that came
bundled with Dragon VR software. I've installed it but haven't "test
driven" it yet - I hope to do so this weekend. I'll let you know what I
think then.

I hate transcribing tapes, so it's my hope that the VR software will get a
ROUGH version of the tape's content into a word processor, but I assume
extensive editing will then be necessary. I know that you can speak
commands like "new paragraph," but I'm not sure just how much formatting
you can do vocally.

Check out Dragon's Web site for more info - it seems to be one of the
industry standards. Also, I corresponded with several members of the copy
editors' list (CE-L) who like this software very much.

-Keith Cronin
who likes to speak into his mouse the way Scotty did in that Star Trek
movie. You know, the one with the whales, not the one where Uhuru did her
cheesy table-dance routine. And not the one where Ricardo Montalban showed
off the fact that he had better pecs than anybody on Fantasy Island.
Although that thing he did with the worm in the ear was kinda cool...