Re: Help ! Uninstall Windows Installer

Subject: Re: Help ! Uninstall Windows Installer
From: "Ira L. Jacobson" <laser -at- ieee -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:53:27 +0300

David Marcus wrote:

Bottom line is this:

* I cant run any Office application.
* I cannot uninstall or reinstall Office
* There is apparently (according to Microsoft support) no way to uninstall
the installer.

HUH !!! .. even for Microsoft, that's a no-brainer !!

60 seconds before I format my disk ... !!
Does anyone know how to get rid of this plague and restore my system to its
happy, pre SR2 state.

I have no information to help you directly, but I *am* interested to know if you came up with a solution, short of formatting the disk.

What I would have done is a workaround. I would have borrowed a disk of at least the same size, copied everything onto it from my own disk, formatted my disk and then reinstalled everything. If you could have *bought* such a disk, say because you needed one anyway, that would have helped. I have myself borrowed a disk for a few days from my dealer, who is a nice guy.

Did you find a more direct solution?

mailto:laser -at- ieee -dot- org