Help ! Uninstall Windows Installer

Subject: Help ! Uninstall Windows Installer
From: "Marcus David" <David -dot- Marcus -at- comverse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 4:27:52

While installing the Office SR2 Patch (O2K, W2K), I made the fatal error of
allowing Windows to install the Windows installer application.

Apparently there was a compatibility problem and the Windows Installer was
either not fully installed or not correctly registered.

Bottom line is this:

* I cant run any Office application.
* I cannot uninstall or reinstall Office
* There is apparently (according to Microsoft support) no way to uninstall
the installer.

HUH !!! .. even for Microsoft, that's a no-brainer !!

60 seconds before I format my disk ... !!
Does anyone know how to get rid of this plague and restore my system to its
happy, pre SR2 state.

David Marcus

Go to