STC conf. panel, industry/academic collaborations

Subject: STC conf. panel, industry/academic collaborations
From: "Lynne Cooke" <cookel -at- unt -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 14:50:08 -0500

Hello,

I am putting together a panel for the 2003 Society for Technical
Communication conference (in Dallas, May 18-21). The title will be
"Academic/Industry Collaborations: A Win-Win Situation for Everyone
Involved." If you have experience in one of the following areas,
please
consider being a part of this panel:

-- Working with academics to conduct research at your company, either
one-on-one or through a formal research institute on a consulting basis

-- Working with technical writing classes to produce usable
documentation for your company

-- Participating in a certificate or Master's program coordinated by
your company through distance education

-- Working with your local STC chapter to facilitate internships and
entry-level technical writing positions for students

-- Taking part in STC's program that enables practitioners to work in
university settings

Or, other topics you feel would be appropriate for this panel. If you
are
interested in being a part of this panel, please send me a short
abstract
off-list at COOKEL -at- UNT -dot- EDU by July 25.

Thanks,

Lynne

Lynne Cooke, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Technical Communication
University of North Texas

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l