Help with Freelancin'

Subject: Help with Freelancin'
From: Dave Weisbord <davewe -at- pacifier -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:26:03 -0700

I am a technical writer, marcomm writer, web content developer, etc. with
over 15 years of professional experience. I find myself for the 2nd time
this year "between contracts". The last time I was out of work for 2 months
and went a bit stir crazy.

Anyway, I have been considering the freelancing market and wondered what
advice the assembled expertise on this list could provide. While $ is nice
at this point its more of an issue of keeping myself busy while I look for a
contract or job.

Any recommendations on breaking into this area? Are any of the online
freelance services worth bothering with? Any assistance would be