Re: Word usage: PRINT

Subject: Re: Word usage: PRINT
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:24:53 +0200

>I am currently writing an advanced user manual for a software application
>that generates reports. During the review process I have been asked to
>change the word PRINT to something more appropriate.

If the target of the report is unclear (i.e., it may be directed to
screen or to a physical printer), how about using "output"? That would
leave the type of output device open.

Jan Henning

Jan Henning
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web:

Word usage: PRINT: From: Karen West