Re: Things not to put after a full stop.

Subject: Re: Things not to put after a full stop.
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:22:46 -0400

Tom Murrell wrote:
> English is a very flexible language. No doubt the determined researcher will find
> text supporting one or another (or several) rules of things one should not do in
> English when writing. But the truth is that there are very few hard, fast rules, and
> you can find sterling examples of English prose that violates the so-called rules.

An interesting book supporting rule breaking is "Woe is I" by Patricia

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

Re: Things not to put after a full stop.: From: Tom Murrell