Re: Things not to put after a full stop.

Subject: Re: Things not to put after a full stop.
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 05:58:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dick Margulis <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net> wrote:

> Okay, now that the caffeine has hit, I just realized I totally misread Tom's
> sentence. It can be parsed grammatically, after all, and does not contain a typo.
>
> However, if it had said what I _thought_ it said, my comments would apply. <seg>

My apologies for not writing what you thought you read. <weg>

Still, you bring up an interesting point that I think is also germane to the
discussion. Readers, bless their black flabby hearts <g>, bring their own 'stuff' to
the text. They can, and do, misread what seem to us wonderfully talented writers as
the most obvious and clear of statements. All the more reason to keep the writing
simple and straightforward and not lead the reader through a rhetorical maze because
we can do so grammatically.

(Or something like that. <g>)

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 07/19/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are mine...at least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

http://health.yahoo.com