Re: Why'd that take so long?

Subject: Re: Why'd that take so long?
From: letoured -at- together -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:13:36 -0400

In <200207241205 -dot- 17xoDk5dd3Nl3pM0 -at- kendall -dot- mail -dot- mindspring -dot- net>, on 07/24/02
at 11:23 AM, "Martin R. Soderstrom" <scribbler1382 -at- yahoo -dot- com> said:

>Anyways, the point is, I'm swamped. But now I've got product managers asking
>me why things take so long ("I can write a word document in an hour. What's
>taking so long?").

Ask them how long it took the problem to develop and how many people were
involved. Tell them that just like any well-developed problem, it will take
almost as many man hours to fix it as it took to make it.

letoured -at- together -dot- net