Re: Distiller on an NT workstation (LONG)

Subject: Re: Distiller on an NT workstation (LONG)
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:06:54 -0400

Oh, Fiona, that is just _so_ wrong. You really should not have to go to all that trouble. Let's see what we can do to troubleshoot.

1. What version of Acrobat is installed (Help > About Acrobat Distiller; I want the line of small type below the product name)?

2. Where are the font folders Distiller is looking at (Settings > Font Locations? They're on your machine, rather than the network, I hope.

3. Are you embedding all fonts (Settings > Job Options > Fonts)?

4. Are you using weird fonts, or are you using all standard TrueType fonts, or are you using Type 1 fonts, or are you using a mixture of TrueType and Type 1 fonts?

After you answer these questions, I'm reasonably certain someone here can guide you in the right direction.

[snip problem description]