Re: Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be TWs.

Subject: Re: Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be TWs.
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:57:56 +0000

Also, can anyone give an estimate as to the worth of a technical >writer (with a year of work experience and a year of internships) who >designs computer-based training, creates both HTML and XML documents (with a side of Javascript), has advanced Photoshop skills, and does >QA and configuration management?

Check out www.salary.com. You can get a good estimate there. As far as the job search, things are just taking longer these days. Two years ago, I could count my time between contracts in minutes. In the last seven months, I have only worked three months. Last week, I had four interviews and didn't get a single job offer. I have never had that happen before...it took a hot fudge sundae to pull me out of my depression.

Diane Evans
Technical Write
Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html
Oregon State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/oregon.html