Re: Alternative to 'Click on...' for visually impaired

Subject: Re: Alternative to 'Click on...' for visually impaired
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:28:25 -0800

For those who haven't tried one, it is an enlightening
experience to use a screen reader. There are several free demo
ones available. They use keyboard shortcuts in lieu of
mouse actions, so "click" or "click on" don't strictly
apply for those users. Of course the shortcuts differ
from program to program, so saying "press F7" or "TAB"
won't work.

I suggest going to the web site for these readers and
see how they deal with these issues. They dang well
ought to have already solved them.

IBM offers Home
Page Reader, and there are others out there, I've
forgotten what they are.

Search on "web page reader" or other creative
combinations of similar words.

CB - modified webpages to comply with Section 508

Sue writ as a first timer:

--
Surfy! http://www.surfy.com Great web search, free web email, and $9.95 unlimited Internet access