Re: Average Hours Worked

Subject: Re: Average Hours Worked
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:33:14 -0700

At 10:25 PM 7/29/02 -0400, Dick Margulis wrote:

Keith said:

By that altruistic point of view, is it also fair for me to expect the
same salary if I get my week's work done in say, three days, and I can
spontaneously take a four-day weekend whenever possible? Sounds great to
me - but I doubt you'll get much corporate buy-in on this concept.

Then Dick said:
Depends on the corporation. For most of the places I've worked in my life, my experience has resembled yours. But not all.

Me again:
And it's so nice to run into a company/boss that realizes
that not all work is performed in front of a monitor and
keyboard. As a salaried employee, I put in just as much
"cogitating" time in the shower or in the car as at my
desk. They truly do not care how many hours you are in
the office as long as you get the job done. Those are the
kinds of jobs I love to land.

I've been doing a little contracting here and there. That
"always thinking about the job" that I'm used to is a hard
habit to break and an even harder one to bill for! <g>

-Sue Gallagher