Re: What comes after the company name?

Subject: Re: What comes after the company name?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:25:59 -0600

Given the open-ended goals of your company, I'd also suggest something
generic like Associates, Consulting, Media, Inc., etc. In particular the
Information Design option might not age well, and could look overly
trendy, IMO.

Also, I'm not sure if that's the name you plan to use, or just an example
you provided. If it IS the name you plan to use, my two cents is to NOT
name a company with a word for which the pronunciation is not inherently
clear. It will hurt your word-of-mouth name recognition, and could even
make it tough to look your company up.

Is it:
for TIN brus?
FORT in brus?
FORT in brass?
FORT in BROSS?
FORT in BRAH?

Anyway, just my opinion. I worked for a company that changed its name from
Smith-Gardner to "Ecometry," which I thought was a terrible move. The
marketing people that came up with it had all kinds of fluffy reasons for
it, but nobody I've met ever pronounced it right the first time.

- Keith (with a silent "P") Cronin