Re: Cross-platform standards?

Subject: Re: Cross-platform standards?
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:05:04 -0700 (PDT)

&#34;&#34;Doc&#34;&#34; &lt;doc -at- vertext -dot- org&gt; wrote

&gt; I am looking for any input I can get on cross-platform standards.
&gt;
&gt; The last company I worked for developed for both Win and UNIX but the two
&gt; groups did not talk to each other or share materials.

No surprise there.

&gt; I now work with a non-profit that has a diverse group of supporters. Those
&gt; who are technical tend to use UNIX or LINUX, those who are not tend to use
&gt; Win.

&gt; I am trying to develop a set of standards for communication and document
&gt; transfer that will satisfy both sides. I need to create a common ground for
&gt; internal development work between independent and geographically (and
&gt; culturally) diverse contributors.

Good luck. You'll probably have better results getting Yasser Arafat and Ariel
Sharon to hang out at a gay club with George Bush and Jesse Jackson.

&gt; I haven't found anything on the web nor in the archives that seems to cover
&gt; this. If you know of anything that I may have missed, please let me know.

As others have pointed out, stick to formats that work across platforms - HTML
for example works on virtually every platform with relatively minor
inconsistencies.

Andrew Plato

http://health.yahoo.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l