RE: Average Hours Worked

Subject: RE: Average Hours Worked
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:25:48 -0400

I never advocated putting in 40 hours a week and calling it quits until
the start of the next week. I never condemned the act of working
overtime to get shtuff done. I merely pointed out that salaries are
based on a 40 hour work week (and yes, I took out my documentation and
nowhere does it say minimum... It says the salary is based on a 40-hour
work week. It's assumed we'll actually get work done, just as it's
assumed we're not expected to sign our lives over to the employer, kiss
the family goodbye and sport the year-round flourescent tan.

In the end, people are going to do what they want to do. Hell, you
rejoined techwoohoo-l after condemning the list and saying goodbye for
good, so even you must understand that. All I am saying is that salaries
(at least in the documentation I've signed) are based on a 40 hour work
week and that in my opinion, no one should be expected to work long
hours on a regular basis for a flat salary based on a 40 hour week. If
someone wants to work that much, more power to them.

B I L L S W A L L O W
Information Design & Development Professional
tel/fax: 518.371.1867 wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com
List Owner: HATT, WWP-Users, InFrame
Co-Moderator: SingleSourcing-Mgmt
WebWorks Wizard Editor of InFrame Magazine