RE: Glad to have Andrew back / Wonder what he thinks of ISO-9000 cert ification

Subject: RE: Glad to have Andrew back / Wonder what he thinks of ISO-9000 cert ification
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:16:00 +1000

Though I ride into the valley of death I fear not.......yeah I am going to
say something to defend ISO-9000.

No it will not solve all your problems.

It is a framework.

It needs to be sponsored, pushed, and mandated by the top down, with the
bottom wanting to do things in a more organised manner.

It is usually better than folks running around being cowboys.

It works well in some places, and is to much of an overhead in others...

If you get consistent crap perhaps what you are doing is crap, not the
process ensuring it is consistent crap. Even consistent crap means you can
find the places it is crappy, and make the crap less...errr....crap like!

regards and thanks,
Sean

~yes I have been involved in quality...and no having a quality process is
NOT always the same as having quality.~