Re: Glad to have Andrew back / Wonder what he thinks of ISO-9000 cert ification

Subject: Re: Glad to have Andrew back / Wonder what he thinks of ISO-9000 cert ification
From: Katie Kearns <kkearns -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 19:23:02 -0700

At 02:02 AM 8/6/2002 +0000, John Fleming wrote:

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:41:55 EDT, while chained to a desk in the scriptorium, Tuples -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
$In a message dated 8/5/02 4:52:46 PM Mountain Standard Time, $johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com writes:
$
$| So, once again, I say one of the biggest bennefits of ISO 9000 is that a $| company can assure their customers and clients that the product will meet $a $| certain standard that, hopefully, meets their needs.
$| $I agree. But the problem is, what happens when one becomes certified then $forgets to maintain a system their certification seems to imply or infer?

My understanding is that ISO 9000 certification isn't a one time deal.

For a company to maintain the certification, they must undergo a regular audit of the system.

I'll have to do a little digging to get the details.

You're correct -- they get audited to certify that they have maintained the system, new people have been taught it, etc.. Some companies even do internal audits to make sure there won't be any surprises when the real auditors come.

-Katie

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com