Re: Average Hours Worked - correction

Subject: Re: Average Hours Worked - correction
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:45:03 -0400

<<Eric Dunn, please keep my company out of this discussion. One of the reasons I
left TECHWR-L and will probably do so now, is when this kind of personal
attacking happens. I never threatened your business, employer, or livlihood, and
you owe me the same.>>

I do not understand how pointing out that the President of a company seems to
argue ideals counter to those stated by the company web site is threatening or a
personal attack. It has often been stated on-list that we should watch what we
say because we can be judged by it. If a prospective employee was to read the
Anitian web site and then all the Andrew Plato posts, which outlook should they
believe? I don't want to drag you into a discussion on-list of this, but only
point out that the question has probably been raised in others minds before
this.

Also, the list is not anyone's personal sandbox to come and play in when we are
feeling bored. And let's admit it, you stated you thought of it as such in your
opening return posts. It is supposed to be a professional list in which ideas
are shared and help is given. If you participate in a non-conciliatory and
contrarian way in list discussion you should be prepared to be called on it.

<<Eric Ray, I think its time to kill this thread. Clearly some folks just can't
handle these issues professionally and respectfully and must resort to personal
attacks.>>

Clearly I have done something that has offended you. I will attempt not to cross
that line again. Whether the thread is killed I will leave up to Eric Ray.

Within reason, I will do my bit to behave the way Andrew thinks I should behave.
Will you heed any of the advice that has previously been given for you to
consider your tone and approach?

Anything else directed at either of us personally I believe should be taken
immediately off-list.

Eric L. Dunn

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com