RE: Single-sourcing... Again...

Subject: RE: Single-sourcing... Again...
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:49:30 -0500

Bruce asks:

I can't help wondering: is there anybody on the list in a permanent
relation - especially one with children - who doesn't object to over-time?

Jason replies:

Married, 3 children, many animals, unruly yard, motorcycle, Unreal
Tournament
habit.

I do not object to or approve of overtime. I guess I am overtime agnostic.

I suppose I have more clout in managing my projects than most. They say
"here
is what we are doing, and here is when we are releasing it" and I say "here
is
what you get in that timeframe". Then, of course, negotiations ensue
(nice-to-have
versus need-to-have). Any overtime that is necessary is because I failed to
plan
adequately, so I do not mind doing it. Last-minute changes are accepted, of
course,
but I tell them how the changes will affect the schedule. That usually
squelches
any changes based on whim. That, and fragging their butts in UT (see habit
statement
above).

Jason

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l