RE: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: RE: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:58:07 -0700

> > COBRA $ 500 (down from $1200! I am *so*
> > thankful my ex-empl changed providers!)
>
> Eek! Whatever you want to say about it, Blue Shield/Blue Cross can be
> had for
> the whole family for about $250 if you can deal with a high deductible.
> We
> consider it catastrophic insurance.

Catastrophic insurance is fine, I guess, if you're young and healthy. But if
you have any chronic conditions, such as asthma or a heart condition or
osteoarthritis, and require prescriptions each month, COBRA at any price is
a blessing. Because, if you have any of those conditions, you're completely
uninsurable, even for catastrophic insurance.

A friend of mine was turned down because she had seen a psychiatrist 3 times
and had take Prozac for 5 months after her husband died. Nobody would touch
her four years after the event. She had never had any other illness or
condition, except for that one period of depression, still she couldn't get
insurance.

I know a lot of people who'd be dead in a matter of months if they didn't
have their COBRA policy. Thankfully, as a single person, my payment isn't
too bad.

Suzanne

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com