Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: Jeffrey Osier-Mixon <jefro -at- jefro -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:25:59 -0700

> House payment: $1100+ (cheap on the west coast!)

Yep (not ashamed of $1700)

> COBRA $ 500 (down from $1200! I am *so*
> thankful my ex-empl changed providers!)

Eek! Whatever you want to say about it, Blue Shield/Blue Cross can be
had for
the whole family for about $250 if you can deal with a high deductible.
We
consider it catastrophic insurance.

> Utilities $200-$300 (water, trash, phone, gas, electric)

yep

> Car payment $300-500 (thankfully, mine's *just* paid for!)

yep, although if you own your home, a Home Equity Line of Credit is a
much better
bet. Ours is amortized over 15 years at prime rate, and (in most cases)
it's tax
deductible. Of course, qualifying for it means having a steady
income...

> Credit cards $300-500

See above. Put it into the house and lose the cards.

> It's a good time to be junior; b*tch of a time to be senior.

Amen to that.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com