Latest versions necessary?

Subject: Latest versions necessary?
From: Jeffrey Osier-Mixon <jefro -at- mcn -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:13:34 -0700

As I make the leap into contractordom, I am taking stock of my real
skills and finding that many are a few years old. The latest version of
Frame I have is 5.5.6, Acrobat 4.05, Visio and Office 2000. I don't
currently have a copy of WebWorks, but the last time I used it was three
years ago, version 5. I don't have even a cribbed copy of Illustrator.

Should I bust the bank to go out and purchase my own copies of the
latest and greatest versions of these tools and start cramming for my
next (ok, first) contract? On second thought, I take that back... I
don't have the $2000 it would take to update myself to Frame 7 and
WebWorks 7, let alone another few thousand for the rest. How behind am
I with what I currently have? What are you using in the field?

thanks

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com