Re: Being an Expert (was:I'm taking my marbles and going home...)

Subject: Re: Being an Expert (was:I'm taking my marbles and going home...)
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:08:50 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with you Jan, partially.
I agree that any writer worth their salt will double-check the information that goes in the manual, if, the information is within their realm of knowledge. If not, the people who get paid to create that information have to provide it accurately and responsibly. That's why I insist on several eyes from the same area of expertise to check the document. Out of five or six, I may get two or three that actually check the information.
There is a point however, where I am not required to know specific things like equations or formulas. That is the engineer's job and I will never get into a debate over content that is someone elses job to know. If so, then I should be getting engineer's pay.
I do however, encouter those that want to debate grammar and spelling, so it is an interaction with grey areas.

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com