RE: Graphic capture question - Snagit experts

Subject: RE: Graphic capture question - Snagit experts
From: "Martin Polley" <Martinp -at- Surf-com -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:05:49 +0200

Anton Coetzee wrote:
> I need to capture a form As a gif / jpeg whatever format (1 full page
> - Word document) and insert it into my Word document after I have
> reduced it to 85% of its normal size. =20
> My problem is although I can capture the form with my present
> tool SnagIt - I can only get the whole page (if I reduce the original
> view in word to 70% which renders the content unreadable. OR capturing
> the original as two images and joining them. - not a nice sight with
> tools here at work.

Here's a little lateral thinking. Try changing your display to a
higher resolution (e.g. 1280x1024). Then capture what you need, and
then change the display back to the original resolution.

Not very elegant, but it works.

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator
martinp -at- surf-com -dot- com
Tel: (+972) (4) 9095-732
Mobile: (053) 864-280
ICQ 15617901

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com