RE: Duck! A context-sensitive help tools question...

Subject: RE: Duck! A context-sensitive help tools question...
From: Ed Klopfenstein <eklopfenstein -at- proclarity -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:05:27 -0600

Sean:

I wrote "as we migrate to the .NET environment and need to support HelpIDs
AND XML". The key word is MIGRATE and having to support two code
environments. We, like most companies, will support our COM world with
HelpIDs (and the .H and .ALI files that come with it) AND the .NET world XML
files that work with .NET assemblies. That's why I'm converting my help
files into XML files, so I can work mostly from XML.

Migration into .NET is a huge headache that is definitely influencing our
tool choice -- which again is why we're moving away from RoboHelp.

As for FM/WWP over RoboHelp, that's a topic for folks with more time than I.
If I had my druthers, though, I'd stick with Frame/WWP. It's powerful for
any size of project and is more scalable. But then again, I'm one of those
weirdos that actually like regular expressions and think programming is a
fun thing to do after the kids go to bed!

Ed

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com