re: Large help projects and version control software

Subject: re: Large help projects and version control software
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:22:07 -0700 (PDT)

Steven Brown wrote:
How do YOU manage hundreds of files when half a dozen
writers continually have their hands in them?

Hi Steven:
We have 363 help files, and around 2 GB of project materials. That large enough? :-) I wrote an article about this very subject a little while back, check out:

Sean Hower - tech writer

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com