Re: Story of my life?

Subject: Re: Story of my life?
From: "Doc" <doc -at- vertext -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:28:10 -0400

My guess is that if John is optional, so is the possibility of getting
anything worthwhile done. <g>

Don't let it bother you John, I used to get the same messages all the time,
(come to think of it I got one from a TECHWR-L denizen not long ago) ... it
takes a long time to retrain engineers.

-Doc

"Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> wrote in message
news:166145 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> John Posada reported the following meeting announcement: <<"Team, Status
> meeting in 10 minutes. John is optional, as always.">>
>
> Now, John... I'm sure they meant "optimal". You know SMEs... most of them
> wouldn't know their axle from a whole in the grind. <g> Sarcasm
> notwithstanding, my sympathies. At least you're being nominally included
in
> the team.
>
> --Geoff Hart, geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
> Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada
> 580 boul. St-Jean
> Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
> "User's advocate" online monthly at
> www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/usersadvocate.html
> "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
> noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience,
> which is the bitterest."--Confucius, philosopher and teacher (c. 551-478
> BCE)

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com