Re: Dual Monitor users

Subject: Re: Dual Monitor users
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:29:58 +0200

<<has anyone successfully implemented this solution using a laptop?>>

By dual monitor, I assume that you mean two monitors each showing different
information.

On most (possibly all) laptops, I think that it is simply not possible.

To have dual monitors, you either need to install two graphics adapters and
attach a monitor to each, or install an adapter specifically designed for
two monitors.

In principle, I suppose it's possible for a laptop to be designed so that
the video output can be used as a second monitor, but I've never heard of a
laptop designed to be used that way.

Regards
Jonathan West

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com