Re: Salary Center @

Subject: Re: Salary Center @
From: Wes <wesslack -at- pacbell -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 07:54:58 -0700

Sorry Harald, but the median is the point at which half the number of values in
a distribution occurs below, and half occurs above. The mode (to which you
refer) is the value that occurs most in a distribution. The mean is the sum of
all the values divided by the number of values.

Regards, &c...Wes

Harald Klein wrote:

> Justin Ressler wrote:
> >

> >The salary center (basic report) on shows the median salary for
> >
> the median value is the value that occurs most in a data collection. It
> is NOT the average mean. If in doubt, any statistical textbook tells you
> what a mean is: it is not influenced so much by statistical outliers
> like e.g. the average mean.
> Harald Klein

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com

Salary Center @ From: Justin Ressler
Re: Salary Center @ From: Harald Klein