where to go for discounted multiple licensing for FrameMaker 7?

Subject: where to go for discounted multiple licensing for FrameMaker 7?
From: "Cummings, Elizabeth" <CummEl -at- ncs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:06:30 -0500

Did any of you who have had some hand in your department's/company's
purchase of Frame buy directly from somewhere other than Adobe, and receive
a discount for ordering multiple licenses (even just as few as 10?)? Or do
all of you simply go through Adobe?

I spoke with a rep. from Adobe, and he said that no such discount could be
had from them on Frame, but that I could try one of their resellers in my

I did, and found that the outsourced agent that Staples works with no longer
"supports" multiple licensing of Adobe products--only that of Microsoft. I
found that the mom-and-pop shop Computer Heaven--whose calls all route to
one guy (Ring. Ring. "Yeah?"), despite the lengthy menu of routing options
you're greeted with--does not sell software. Finally, I found that Best Buy
"has never heard of the product and therefore is unlikely to purchase it".

--Elizabeth Cummings

If you were not an intended recipient,

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com