RE: terminology help

Subject: RE: terminology help
From: Rosemary J Horner <rhorner -at- quellos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:08:49 -0700


My problem is that the names of the interface items _are_ Parent Object and
Child Object! I don't talk about programming concepts in my writing, and I
don't like programming terminology creeping into the interface either.

I'm looking for alternative names to suggest for the interface before I
start trying to explain the concept.

I appreciate the feedback, though.


-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Klopfenstein [mailto:eklopfenstein -at- proclarity -dot- com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 11:52 AM
Subject: RE: terminology help


Personally, it sounds like you're mixing programming and interface concepts.
Programmer's should easily understand terms like parent/child and object
(although glossaries still make sense). However, your description makes me
think that you're talking about interface items a user might click. I would
suggest you use the name of the interface item and write in terms of the
action a user takes to create these relationships.


Ed Klopfenstein

Want to support TECHWR-L? Get shirts, bags, hats, clocks,
and more from the TECHWR-L Store. All proceeds support TECHWR-L.

Check out the new release of RoboDemo, our easy-to-use tutorial software.
Plus, buy RoboHelp Office in August and save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Get details and download free trial versions at

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: terminology help
Next by Author: RE: terminology help
Previous by Thread: RE: terminology help
Next by Thread: RE: terminology help

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads