RE: tech writer profile - a little OT

Subject: RE: tech writer profile - a little OT
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:45:34 -0400

I'll use both Kim's and Sean's, tying in TW stuff, and I'll add two of my own:

Preferred automobile transmission - Stick
Number of careers tried before TWing stuck - 4

Education - short BA (Eng. Lit., 3 years); certificate in Adult
Ed.; certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution; green belt in
Shotokan karate; advanced FrameMaker

Interests/hobbies - DIY home repair, police procedural novels & true
crime, action movies (vs. chick flicks), eBay, human-computer interaction and usability/design.
Frame of mind - at work: ready to be affronted, but ready to help. At
home, live and let live.
Likes/dislikes - dislikes the sales idiots and marketing lackeys at
work, the Ontario Conservative government (just like Republicans, except
without the surface gloss), the secrecy that pervades and is encouraged by management in project statuses. Likes being asked early to be involved in projects.

Hopes/dreams/asperations - get the mortgage paid down; get more work at
work; get asked to be part of the design team on our next web project.

>From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
Cats or dogs? - Cats. Fluffy (15 years), Bwai n Gril (1.5 years). Should
have added under Interests: finding a litter system that keeps Fluffy in
the box instead of feet in, butt out.

-- Framemaker or Word? - FrameMaker. But appreciates Word.
-- Cola/coffee/tea or heathen non-caffeinated beverages? - coffee. I'm
becoming famous for roasting my own beans.
-- Beer or scotch? - Beer (lager). Dry red wine.
-- Favourite flavour of ice cream? - Oreo Cookie.
-- If there were ever a tech writer movie, which actor or actress would
portray you? - Jamie Lee Curtis (except for the boobs, I've told I look
like her at bit)

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com