RE: Best...?

Subject: RE: Best...?
From: "Michelle Coffey" <michelle -dot- coffey -at- epsiia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:17:37 -0500

Leo Wrote:

> So which DTP package is best?

Uh-oh - here we go again. Be prepared for debate. Around here - most
people are partial to FM or RoboHelp. But the answer is - it's your
preference. I have had great success with Framemaker and using Mif2Go to
create help, though there is a learning curve. I would have saved alot of
time by going to a training class. And from what I've researched - for long
tedious documentation, FM will have many useful features and will be easier
to manager. But, that is just MY opinion, based on MY research.

Also - not to offend any RoboHelp users or employees, but I found the people
at RoboHelp to be incredibly rude. Their sales people were no help at all
and very pushy. I was also given the run around many times when it came to
features. *But that was just my experience.*

Hope this was PC enough.

Michelle Coffey

EPSIIA Corporation
Another Fiserv Resource

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com